Once again, another blustery winter month has come and gone. This month in particular has been filled with early mornings, late nights, and long busy days with not enough hours of sunlight. Besides last weekend’s day of dress up for my work party, this month has seen a record breaking number of makeup-less days. But lets see what products I’ve been loving this month.
1. Got2B Beach Trippin’ Salt-Infusion Waving Spray: I’ve had this guy within my pile of hair products for awhile now. Since I’ve been doing nothing but early mornings this month I haven’t been using my regular hair products. I couldn’t be bothered with actually properly styling my hair. A spray is so easy, literally just a few spritz’s through the hair. The product leaves my hair wavy, not it’s regular curl. But I find that I don’t get the fuzzy dry look that a lot of other sprays create. I’m not a big fan of the fact that the product has salt in it, seeing as it’s adding to the dryness of my hair, but I like the outcome of the product enough to overlook the salt.
2. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: I’ve definitely talked about this one before. This is my favourite moisturizer out there, and I’ve recently suggested it to quite a few people who are looking for some better dry-skin relief this winter. The moisturizer comes in two different types: an oil based moisturizer, or this gel which is oil-free. Both of which have the same moisturizing outcome, one just being more friendly for those with oily skin. I have switched to other moisturizers in the past but always come back to this one. It’s the best out there.
3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Makeup: I acquired this piece more recently upon a suggestion of Sandra’s (@ travelwithscarves). I use it under my eyes after applying my foundation and before applying my setting powder. I’ve used concealers and under-eye correctors before to no avail, but this product does an amazing job. Perfect match to my skin, and such a great price. I’ve spent up to $40 on concealers before that aren’t even close to this one. It’s so nice to finally find something to hide my dark, patchy, sleep deprived eyes.
4. Gold Bond Ultimate Intensive Healing Hand Cream: I mentioned this hand cream in my “Handy Tips for Cold Weather” post (read it here). I bought this hand cream at target while I was on a work assignment in the states in December – my hands were incredibly dry, cracked and sore. My hands have been even worse lately (today being the most painful yet), but I think that this product has been slowly helping to heal my damaged hands. It’s not greasy and absorbs quickly so I’ve been using it often – the jury is still out as to whether or not it is properly healing my hands. This winter has been brutal…I’ve never felt anything like this.
5. St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Exfoliating Scrub: This is the second time that this exfoliating scrub has been featured on a Monthly Top 5 post – making an appearance in November 2013 as well. These cold months and dry skin need a little extra help and this exfoliator has done a great job. It smells amazing. But like I said before it’s probably a little too rough on the skin for everyday use, so I like to use it about twice a week.
Hopefully these products can get me through the rest of this month. I’m so sick of this winter and can’t wait for spring! I’m already dreaming about the weather, the colours, the flowers, the clothes, the shoes, the pink lipsticks…..sigh.
What have you liked this month? Are you surviving this weather? If you’re not in Canada….lucky you!