Today, the first day of March, marks the first of 31 days in which I will not be purchasing anything that is not a necessity. The month has been termed ‘No Money March’ aka March Madness, cause I must be mad for attempting this. I don’t think I’ve been spending too much lately, but I really want to focus on saving some money and planning for some vacations and trips in the near future. So here we go, a whole month of saving.
But of course, before I started off the month, I took the last day of February to do a little shopping. I had to go across the border into the States yesterday afternoon for work purposes, but once I was finished Sandra and I took the opportunity to spend a few hours beauty shopping. HOURS. We went to ULTA, Target and stopped by Duty Free on the way back. And here’s what I picked up:
– Trina Pink and Gold Travel Makeup Case (so cute)
– L’Oreal Infallible Blackbuster Eyeliner (Can’t wait, heard so many good reviews)
– Benefit Watts Up! Highlighter (OMG!! life complete)
– Got2B Kinkier Curl Cream (on sale at Ulta only $1.62)
– Jennifer Aniston Perfume (been looking for this for years…80ml bottle for only $35!!)
– Elf Eyebrow Kit (wanted to try for awhile now)
– NYX Wonder Pencil (nude colour for the waterline, makes eyes look bigger)
– L’Oreal Power Moisture Rush Mask (smells like heaven)
– Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet (can never have enough of these)
So starting today the madness begins. After yesterday’s haul I will not be purchasing another item (clothing, shoes, beauty products, etc) that is not a necessity and I’ll spend the month of March saving up, hopefully with a vacation booked by the end of the month! So happy shopping my friends, think of me while you’re swiping those credit cards…mine will be tucked away safely.
Great post! I’ve just posted an article on Products For Thick Hair, please take a look :) xxx
Good luck with your saving!
I really love reading your blog and have nominated you for The Liebster Award. You can find out a bit more about it on my blog, but it’s essentially a nice little award aimed at getting bloggers to know one another a little better. :)