The days are getting longer and warmer, and I feel that my love of the sun is reflected in the products I’ve been loving this past month.
1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – Seeing as I have a slight tan at the moment, I’ve been looking for something with much lighter coverage. Nothing worse than wearing the same foundation while tanned as your pasty face wore all winter. White face much? That’s why this BB Cream has been working wonders. BB creams, as most of you probably know, are tinted moisturizers rather than full coverage foundations. This Smashbox BB Cream is also broad spectrum SPF 35! Most foundations are only around 15 if they have any SPF at all. This is why I think this little guy will be a fav for the summer.
2. Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Pinched – I was really unsure of this one when I picked it up a few months ago. As much as I love Revlon products I always have an internal struggle when purchasing due to the fact that there are rarely testers in the local Shoppers. But I chanced this one and was pleasantly pleased. The light pink cream blush has a sweet dewey finish and is such a simple and subtle cheek colour. I always apply cream blushes with my finger tips, but you can also use a stippling brush or a round headed foundation brush.
3. Origins GinZing Eye Cream – I’m pretty sure I’ve discussed my love of this before. Such a refreshing feeling. It instantly brightens and de-puffs my eyes and now that the weather is getting so sunny and warm I’m really enjoying a brighter, fresher look to my face! This has become a staple of my pre-makeup routine. A little moisturizer and GinZing Eye Cream make for an important start to my day! Can’t wait to try more Origins products. Any suggestions?
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – Once again I’m discussing my love of the Body Shop’s Vitamin E line. I’ve mentioned it a lot lately. I just love it so much. And this little baby is no exception. The Vitamin E Face Mist is perfect after my morning face wash. It instantly refreshes and moisturizes my face with a boost of vitamin E to prepare it for the day. With air conditioning pumping through every building I step into nowadays, my skin has been drying out pretty fast (just after I fixed the dry damage from the winter – can’t catch a break). So a spritz of this is required.
5. L’Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer – It’s taken me awhile to warm up to this one, and I’m still not entirely convinced. I don’t use concealer on a regular basis but lately when I do use it I find myself reaching for this one. I’ve head a lot of great things about it from other bloggers so I’ve stuck with it. The shade I have (Light 862) is a perfect match for me. I’m going to stick with it!
So there you have it. My top 5 of May. I’m so excited to be into the warm weather and summer months now, and I can’t wait to delve further into the world of makeup as my blog is coming upon it’s 1 year anniversary!! Thanks for reading my friends! And happy shopping.