September may be one of the most depressing months ever. Summer ends, school starts, style transitions are awkward and questionable, and I get incredibly busy at work. I’m sure many people would agree with me. Hell Green Day even wrote a song about sleeping through the whole month….thats what “Wake Me Up When September Ends” is about is it not….? So with another month ending and my favourite month beginning, here are my Top 5 picks for the month of September: a small grouping of delights to make it through this miserable month.
1. L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga – I’ve discussed this one quite a bit in the past, and you can read my review of it here. I went back to other mascara’s last month to try to use them up, but I just couldn’t do it quick enough. I chucked them aside. I was missing my Miss Manga. For the first time ever, if someone was to ask me the one makeup staple I couldn’t live without, I would say mascara. Thanks to Miss Manga!
2. Revlon Brow Fantasy in Brunette – I used to use this brow pencil and gel duo a lot, but I put it down and moved on. Having some difficult times plucking in hotel mirrors and needing some easy, travel friendly help this month I rekindled my friendship with Brow Fantasy. Yet to make things easy I just used the gel side, and I liked it much better. The spoolie comb tames the wild brows and adds just the right amount of brunette colouring to my ever-growing sparse brows.
3. The Body Shop’s Wild Rose Hand Cream – Back on the road and busy days at work means I’m washing my hands more and more and more. I love to lather up just as much as anyone else, but my hands always suffer – becoming dry and cracked from the constant washing and sanitizer submersions. This hand cream may not do the down and dirty soothing and protecting, but it’s travel friendly and smells great. Perfect for the ‘in the moment’ fixes.
4. DevaCurl Set It Free – I’ve been desperate for a haircut lately. My bad haircut from March haunts me still. Yet I’ve promised myself to wait to grow it out more. So my dry and damaged hair needs some help and a good spritz of moisture any chance it gets. This Moisture Lock hydrating leave in conditioner is just that. Taming my fuzzies one spritz at a time.
5. Lancome Viole de Rose – It’s not often that a lipstick shows up on my Top 5 (usually balms, pencils, or glosses). But with the endless uniform wearing and lack of makeup I’ve been experiencing lately I’ve needed a simple, subtle little pop of girliness. I’m really loving this rosy pink neutral lipstick and I just can’t get enough of it!! I’ve been wearing it almost daily.
So there you have it. What have you been loving this month? Whose excited for October?! Best month of the year