The sun is shining, our chapped dry skin is returning to normal, and we’re ready to embrace some pastels, soft tones, and whites. Can it be?!! Yes…it’s Spring. Canadian’s are always very hesitant to announce the coming of Spring. It may officially be Spring according to the date, but we always know that there is a chance of another snow storm late into the year. This is about the time when we can safely change over to our summer car tires, put the patio furniture out, and wear sandals without the fear that a storm might blow in and ruin our lives.
So with pops of colour and light in my recent wardrobe, I’ve been changing up the lip shades for this glorious new season. Away with the thick lip moisturizers and dark colours and in with the bright and light! These are my top five picks for spring lips, and a few more I’m lusting over (in no particular order)
1. NARS Velvet Lip Pencil in ‘Sex Machine’ – This was one of the first high end beauty products I ever purchased and I got it for my high school graduation (holy smokes….six years ago!). I didn’t use it much after that but I’ve rediscovered and I’m in love. A dusty pink with a slight shimmer, but still finishing smooth and matte.
2. Revlon ColorBust Matte Balm in ‘Elusive’ – if you’ve followed my blog for awhile you’ll know my love of the Revlon Matte Balm lip pencils. The smoothest, softest, easiest matte lips out there. Amazing pigmentation and stay power. I get compliments on them all the time and I have about 6 shades.
3. Lancome Rouge ‘Voile de Rose’ – this is for those fancier ‘lipstick’ kinda days. A day in the office, a nice lunch or brunch. This is probably my number one Spring pick for all occasions.
4. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 – I think this shade may be slightly too light for me. I have a hard time picking out pinks sometimes. With pale skin, yet dark hair I don’t like too light. I’m lusting over one shade darker here, but for now am loving the feel and gloss of this. It’s about as glossy as I’m every willing to go.
5. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 104 – I LOVE the Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks! I can’t get enough of them. But, hands down, this has to be one of my favourite lip colours of all time. It is the perfect ‘me’ shade. A little darker than most on this list, this is my go-to night out in Spring lip. I’m always a fan of the darker lips, but for spring I try to stick to lighter shades….so this is a darker light (if that makes any sense..are you following?)
As I already mentioned I’m lusting over the Clarins Instant Light in 02, but I’m also dying for some of the BITE Watercolour collection (I know I’m not into gloss but have you seen these?!!) I have quite a few more Spring colours I dabble around with, but these 5 are the top of my list and my most used Spring Lip colours. What do you like for spring?