Tomorrow might be my 24th Birthday but I have a gift for YOU! I’ve picked up a few of my favourite items that I’ve ranted about several times over the last year or two and I want to share them with you in my first ever giveaway contest! So over the Thanksgiving weekend sneak away from dinner for a sec and fill out the Rafflecopter form below! Just give me a like and follow and you’ll automatically be entered in the giveaway! Winner will be announced in one week (Sunday October 18th).
So what can you win? All 7 items in the picture above – my all-time favourite Cat Walk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier Cream, the Nyx Smokey Eyeshadow Palette, the Body Shop’s Olive soap, my favourite Real Technique’s Brush the Expert Face Brush, a bottle of Gosh Nail Lacquer in the shade Boot Camp, my everyday favourite lipstick Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in the shade 104, and last but not least you get it all in this adorable Kit makeup bag. It’s a total value of approximately $85 and it’s all for you! Just sign up below my friends!
My hair has certainly been an interesting part of my life’s journey. I’ve actually never been one to be into the best hair styles and tools; still today I’m barely able to properly straighten my hair. When it comes to hair styles and products it’s only going to work for me if there is minimal effort involved, which works out great since I have naturally curly hair. As much as I might moan and complain about frizz and fly-aways, really it comes down to a good haircut and a good curling cream. I always leave the haircut too long, but once it’s done I’m always in love with my hair again. Over the years I’ve tested a good number of curling creams and I thought it was time to lay it all out and tell you which are my favourite.
- Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier – This little gem has been the longest standing repurchase ever! Out of every other product in my life, this one just keeps coming back and back. One that is repurchased before it’s even empty. This curling cream is the perfect consistency and keeps my curls full and well formed without any of the crunchy or wet look. I used to have some issues with it clumping a little and drying white on some curls (disgusting), but over the years either Catwalk has improved their formula or I’ve gotten better at smoothing it into my curls. I use only one pump of this product, the bottle runs for about $25 and lasts me about 6 months.
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls – Curl Envy – This was a newer addition to the stash. In my regular summer fuzz and frizz meyham (happens every summer in the heat, you’d think I’d be used to it), I got desperate and tried a few new products. This is a lighter cream that feels more water-based than others. The curls set well and, again, without the crunchy or wetness. The frizz isn’t quite fixed with this product so it may be better for colder weather when my frizz behaves. This bottle runs for about $13 and with the amount I use I think this would last about 3 months of daily use.
- Sally Hershberger Curvaceous Elasto-Curl Treatment – This was a product that worked well for my sister so I had to give it a go. I’ve learnt the hard way that what works for her doesn’t necessarily work for me and vice versa. Yet with Keratin right in the product, this cream is meant to shape your curls for natural waves and curls that are soft and ‘elastic’. I get that, I see the benefits, yet my curls require some definite frizz control that this product doens’t offer. If you’re looking for something that helps define you’re curls for a natural bounce, but you don’t worry about the frizz than maybe this one is for you. Each bottle runs at $23, and as I use about 10-15 pumps of this thinner formulated cream for each use, I’d assume it’d only last about 2 months.
- I.C.O.N India Curling Cream – I’ve mentioned this one many many times before. At first I hated it because of the smell, but then I decided to give it another go in my desperate bad hair days. The smell still gets to me, but I’d say this thicker formulated curling cream works wonders for the fuzz and frizz. Comparably this product is quite similar to the Catwalk curl amplifying cream, yet rings in at only about $18. Trouble is that it’s not as easy to find; obscure salons, one-of beauty supply stores, or online is your best bet. I use about a quarter sized amount with each use, so I think about 4 months out of this is a good bet.
The winner out of all four products would hands down be the Catwalk; I’m 10 years strong with this guy. I’m always looking for something new, but always end up back where I started. Leave in conditioners and spray-in keratin treatments have been added to the daily lineup and go in and out of use, but this curling cream is a must for a good hair day and I haven’t found anything better.
Which are your favourite curling creams?
When you go on a trip with two other beauty junkies you have some really interesting conversations. On our Boston Roadtrip last week, Sandra, Megan and I struck up the conversations of “What beauty products MUST you travel with?” All three of us had different answers, so I thought I’d share them all.
What Can’t Sandra Live Without?
- L’Oreal Miss Manga Mascara
- NARS Creamy Concealer
- Anastasia Brow Wiz
- MAC Pinch Me Blush
What Can’t Megan Live Without?
- Lush Tea Tree Water Toner
- Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer
- Maybelline Color Tattoo “Bad to the Bronze”
- NARS Orgasm Blush
What Can’t Coleen Live Without?
- RealTechniques Expert Face Brush
- NARS Orgasm/Laguna Palette
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- CatWalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifying Cream
Obviously, seeing as we can’t travel without these items, they are most definitely some of our favourite products. Of course we always travel with more than only 4 products, but these are the non-negotiables. When we pack our travel bags, these items go in first.
This conversation then turned into “What non-beauty products MUST you travel with?” Our picks of favourite non-beauty travel items can be seen today on Sandra’s Blog ‘Travel With Scarves” – so check it out!!
What beauty and/or non-beauty items are on your “MUST bring” travel list?