Lack of sleep, age, dehydration, hangovers, allergies, and your skin care routine can all be contributing factors in those large dark circles that are currently under your eyes. I struggle with my dark circles. I try my hardest to fix the problem rather than cover it up with makeup, but sometimes you just can’t wait for the results and you need a quick fix. I’ve used many concealers that I thought were doing the job, but it wasn’t until I tried the Tarte CC Undereye Corrector that I realized all of those previous products never quite did the job well enough.
I picked up this product on a trip to Sephora with no previous knowledge of it. I’d never actually heard of it to be honest. All I knew was that I needed a little help in the eye department and that I really love Tarte and have been dying to try more! I picked it up in the shade Light-Medium and was a little confused at how to apply it or use it. Should I use a brush? A beauty blender? My fingers? I started by watching some YouTube reviews and tutorials, as well as reading a few other blogs, and I decided to go at it with my fingers. I simply swirl my middle or ring finger in the product, then dab it under my eyes, about three good dots. Then I use the same finger to pat it out and blend it around my eye and underneath. Looks a little funny, but really does the job. Many people preferred a beauty blender, which is basically the same movements as my finger anyways so depends on your preference.
The important thing when it comes to any concealer is to ensure your not simply underlining your eye in a “u” shape, but bring the product up around the sides of your eyes and down your cheek in a “v” shape to get the best results! And the results are crazy! Maybe a little thicker than any concealer I’ve ever used before, but it blends like a dream and is a miracle worker! Complete coverage that looks natural and amazingly covers your dark circles. Best concealer I’ve ever used, hands down!
The days are getting longer and warmer, and I feel that my love of the sun is reflected in the products I’ve been loving this past month.
1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream– Seeing as I have a slight tan at the moment, I’ve been looking for something with much lighter coverage. Nothing worse than wearing the same foundation while tanned as your pasty face wore all winter. White face much? That’s why this BB Cream has been working wonders. BB creams, as most of you probably know, are tinted moisturizers rather than full coverage foundations. This Smashbox BB Cream is also broad spectrum SPF 35! Most foundations are only around 15 if they have any SPF at all. This is why I think this little guy will be a fav for the summer.
2. Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Pinched – I was really unsure of this one when I picked it up a few months ago. As much as I love Revlon products I always have an internal struggle when purchasing due to the fact that there are rarely testers in the local Shoppers. But I chanced this one and was pleasantly pleased. The light pink cream blush has a sweet dewey finish and is such a simple and subtle cheek colour. I always apply cream blushes with my finger tips, but you can also use a stippling brush or a round headed foundation brush.
3. Origins GinZing Eye Cream– I’m pretty sure I’ve discussed my love of this before. Such a refreshing feeling. It instantly brightens and de-puffs my eyes and now that the weather is getting so sunny and warm I’m really enjoying a brighter, fresher look to my face! This has become a staple of my pre-makeup routine. A little moisturizer and GinZing Eye Cream make for an important start to my day! Can’t wait to try more Origins products. Any suggestions?
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist– Once again I’m discussing my love of the Body Shop’s Vitamin E line. I’ve mentioned it a lot lately. I just love it so much. And this little baby is no exception. The Vitamin E Face Mist is perfect after my morning face wash. It instantly refreshes and moisturizes my face with a boost of vitamin E to prepare it for the day. With air conditioning pumping through every building I step into nowadays, my skin has been drying out pretty fast (just after I fixed the dry damage from the winter – can’t catch a break). So a spritz of this is required.
5. L’Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer– It’s taken me awhile to warm up to this one, and I’m still not entirely convinced. I don’t use concealer on a regular basis but lately when I do use it I find myself reaching for this one. I’ve head a lot of great things about it from other bloggers so I’ve stuck with it. The shade I have (Light 862) is a perfect match for me. I’m going to stick with it!
So there you have it. My top 5 of May. I’m so excited to be into the warm weather and summer months now, and I can’t wait to delve further into the world of makeup as my blog is coming upon it’s 1 year anniversary!! Thanks for reading my friends! And happy shopping.