“I’m finally home!” has been my sigh of relief once every two weeks for the past six months. I’m finally home! Even if only for a few days. And with finally being able to sleep in my own bed and cuddle my cat, there comes a coveted pamper routine that has become tradition. Staying in hotels and having to pack within weight restrictions puts a damper on pamper while on the road. So once I’m home the traditional routine commences.
Now the routine is not as intense as people may assume. I’m not really one for at home facial peels or foot scrubs. It’s simply things I’m unable to do while travelling. I always start by lighting a candle and taking a bath. I like to use very relaxing scents, such as the Bath and Body Works French Lavender candle, as well as relaxing soaks in the bath, such as epsom salts and oils like The Body Shop’s Coconut Beautifying Oil. I also apply a deeply nourishing hair mask and a face mask while I’m in the tub, the perfect amount of time for each to work it’s magic. I’ve been loving the L’Oreal Power Moisture Rush Mask (leave in hair for 5-8 minutes then rinse out) for some much needed moisture, as well as the Origin’s Clear Improvements Charcoal Mask to do some down and dirty deep cleaning of my sure-to-be clogged pores. After a long soak, often accompanied with
a cup of tea or wine, I dry myself off, slather on The Body Shop’s Satsuma Body Butter and have a go at my hair. With very curly hair I brush only about once every two weeks or else I’ll damage the natural curls. So I give it a good spritz of It’s a 10 Miracle Leave in with Keratin and go at it with my hot pink Tangle Teezer.
Now the only thing left to do is put on my onesie, refill the wine, and cuddle on the couch with some Netflix! There is nothing more relaxing than my ‘finally home’ pamper routine and I look forward to it on every journey home!
What do you look forward to after being away?
Once again it’s the end of the month. Sigh….I don’t want July to end. Roadtrips, camping, friends and fun….but now back to work (with a pretty good tan). July was a great month and I’m happy to say that I have dug myself out of the product rut from June. It just takes a few days of dolling yourself up to get back in the swing of things. So what products have I been loving this month?!
- It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In plus Keratin: After months of struggling with my hair I feel that I am finally getting somewhere….Remember that bad haircut in March? (see Instagram for proof). I feel that my regular hair products are finally working like they are supposed to with my hair, but it still needs a little bit of help. So until I finally have the length and am brave enough to return to the hairdresser (man do I need some shape up in here), I’ve been helping my hair with It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In plus Keratin. I spray it in my hair after a shower, before applying my other products. I find that the keratin really helps to work with the problematic frizz at the roots. I’ve also used this to shine up my dull hair when straightened, and smooth down fly aways. This truly is a miracle do-it-all hair product.
- Blistex Daily Conditioning Treatment – with the beating sun and the countless days of lipstick this month, my lips have suffered a little. I may have even had a small allergic reaction to something on my lips….or they were just chapped in a way I’ve never experienced before. Either way, the Blistex Daily Conditioning Treatment always sets me straight. And with an SPF of 20 it helped to protect them from further damage.
- MAC Sunbasque Sheertone Shimmer Blush – with a tan like this, extra bronzer just makes me look orange….but blush stands out like rosy doll cheeks. So I find the perfect middle and use my MAC Sunbasque shimmer blush – a perfect mix of both. Simple sunkissed rosy cheeks, applicated with my RealTechniques blush brush of course.
- L’Oreal Miss Manga Mascara – you can read my complete review of the L’oreal Miss Manga Mascara here – I’ve been absolutely loving it the whole month!! I’ve found my perfect mascara!
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – I’ve actually stared using this one every single day right after I get out of the shower. Just a few spritzes and by the time it’s dry I’m ready for my day cream, perfect. With the heat, sun, and a slight tan on my face, extra moisture is necessary, and feels so refreshing.
There you have it. What have you been loving this month?!