Seems like I’ve dropped the ball and missed the past few months of Top 5 Favourites. I could make some excuse about the months flying by too quickly, but truthfully they’re going so slow and I’m so bored. Just slipped my mind I guess. But here I am for the first Top 5 post of 2016, my January Top 5. So, here we go.
Like I said, I’ve been quite bored lately. Nothing but early mornings and work, work, work. Therefore the bits and bobs that have kept me going over the past month are quite simple as well. Easy makeup and moisturizer for every inch of my body due to this miserable weather. My daily work face has pretty much been limited to three or four products, including the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It’s great for really simple colour and coverage while moisturizing my face as well. Then a little comb through the brows with the Maybelline Brow Drama. I’ve really enjoyed this product over the past year, and once again you see it again in the Top 5. Been pretty consistent there. And finally for the makeup and daily face, for a bit of colour I’ve been using the Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in Matte Deep Plum.
Now, keeping things moisturized along with the simple makeup face I’ve been hooked on the Clinque Moisture Surge. I only have a little tiny sampler size, but I’ve been using it daily and I’ve already ordered one online! Then my ever handy (hahah get it, handy?) travel sized L’Occitane Hand Cream that is my absolute favourite hand cream. Perfect hand moisturizing with no greasy-feel. That’s the worst and one of my biggest pet peeves. So once I find one like this I’m hooked!
Another month come and gone – sigh still no job folks; we’re getting there. But, of course, in my empty days I’ve been blog reading, makeup experimenting, and playing around with the products I already have in my arsenal. I thought it was time to revisit some of those products at the back of the drawers and I’m glad I did! The warmer weather and sunshine means it’s time for some new things, but doesn’t necessarily mean I need to spend the money in which to do so. These are the top five products I’ve been loving this past month.
1. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polisheshave quickly become some of my favourite polishes. The formula is just as good as Essie, Orly or O.P.I polishes at a fraction of the cost. And they’re usually on sale at Shoppers. I love the long handle with the short thick brush at the end, and the formula is amazing and usually only requires one coat. I think I’ll be sticking to this brand for awhile even if they don’t have as many shade options as the other brands. I’ve been loving Set Sail and Show Steel-er.
2. Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Petalite has been on my lips almost daily for the second half of this month. Check out my full review of it here.
3. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is something I’ve been talking about a lot lately. It’s become a staple in my everyday makeup routine. It’s so simple, so easy, and feels absolutely amazing on my face. Like cool silk. It’s fabulous and is just the right amount of coverage for me. Just a little concealer under the eyes and on any dark spots and that’s it for my recent flawless face.
4. Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara has been everywhere in the beauty blogging world lately so I thought I’d give it a try….just a few days ago. And after only a few days it’s made it onto my Top 5 for the month. With just a few quick swipes I was in love with this mascara. I’ve been having a little more difficulty than normal removing it, but I’m okay with that when it’s such a great mascara. I’m planning a full review soon so stay tuned.
5. Last but not least is the I.C.O.N India Hair-Yurvedics Curl Cream. This may be a surprise seeing as my review of the India Hair-Yurvedics products was not the most positive (and is my most read ever post), but this is one from the back of the drawer I’ve pulled forward lately. My hair has needed help. It’s so fuzzy and I can’t figure out what it is (shampoo? conditioner? product?) so I’ve been changing a few things and have decided to stick with this curling cream for awhile. I’m enjoying it!
Transitioning from a minimal daily work face to a non-existent unemployed face got me in a slump and it’s been almost a month since I’ve opened my makeup drawers and took the time to enjoy my products. But with life getting a little more normal, and job interviews popping up here and there, it was time I got into a routine for this seasons daily face.
I’ve continued to keep it pretty minimal. I start with Laura MercierLightweight Flawless Covereage Tinted Moisturizerfor sheer, all over light coverage and pair it with the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eye Concealer for all the dark spots. After a quick brush of the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder, I finish off the cheeks with Revlon’s Photoready Cream Blush in Pinched blended in with my finger tips. After filling in my brows with Soap & Glory’s Archery pencil, I use a few colours from the Sleek I-Divine Palette in Oh So Special; I’ve really been enjoying the pinks for this early-springtime. After a quick flick of the ever-present Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper, I sweep on the mascara with Makeup Forever’s Smokey Extravagant Mascara. All finished off with a swipe of the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Descanso as I’m heading out the door!
So there you have it. The daily face, the travel with me current essentials, and the interview prep. What do you think of my current face? What have you been sticking with lately?