The time has come again for me to rant and rave about the 5 products that got me through the month. September was a bit of whirlwind and flew past quicker than I cared for. But who can complain when the end of September means October is here! Birthday, Thanksgiving, scarfs, pumpkins! I love it all. But lets rewind to last month and take a look at what I’ve been loving.
The first is the Sleek Brow Kit which was specially delivered from Ireland by my wonderful sister. Looking quite similar to the ELF brow kit I didn’t really have high expectations, but this product is great quality, both the waxy filler as well as the brunette powder! My brows have been on fleek this month! I also decided to give the L’Oreal Blackbuster another go. When I first bought this product years ago I was sorely disappointed. It seemed to be all dried up and run out before I even got the chance to use it. But this time round I’m loving the product! Thick and thin lines with one simple swipe! Even cat-eye with the simplest of flicks. Loving it all.
Sticking in the amazing L’Oreal Infallible line I recently purchased and am OBSESSED with the Pro-Matte Foundation. The feel, the finish – I can’t explain my love of this foundation in a way for you to understand. You’d think I’d be used to these descriptions, but no….words have failed me. LOVE. Last but not least I picked three eyeshadows. Maybe quite similar, but all amazing shades and quality. They are the MAC Mystery, MAC Antiqued, and Stila Coco. I’ve been using these three non-stop and I will be bringing them all the way through October with me as well.
Bring on the cold weather, the Birthday celebrations, and the pumpkin pie!!! What have you loved this past month? What do you most look forward to with the coming of October?
Another month come and gone – sigh still no job folks; we’re getting there. But, of course, in my empty days I’ve been blog reading, makeup experimenting, and playing around with the products I already have in my arsenal. I thought it was time to revisit some of those products at the back of the drawers and I’m glad I did! The warmer weather and sunshine means it’s time for some new things, but doesn’t necessarily mean I need to spend the money in which to do so. These are the top five products I’ve been loving this past month.
1. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polisheshave quickly become some of my favourite polishes. The formula is just as good as Essie, Orly or O.P.I polishes at a fraction of the cost. And they’re usually on sale at Shoppers. I love the long handle with the short thick brush at the end, and the formula is amazing and usually only requires one coat. I think I’ll be sticking to this brand for awhile even if they don’t have as many shade options as the other brands. I’ve been loving Set Sail and Show Steel-er.
2. Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Petalite has been on my lips almost daily for the second half of this month. Check out my full review of it here.
3. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is something I’ve been talking about a lot lately. It’s become a staple in my everyday makeup routine. It’s so simple, so easy, and feels absolutely amazing on my face. Like cool silk. It’s fabulous and is just the right amount of coverage for me. Just a little concealer under the eyes and on any dark spots and that’s it for my recent flawless face.
4. Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara has been everywhere in the beauty blogging world lately so I thought I’d give it a try….just a few days ago. And after only a few days it’s made it onto my Top 5 for the month. With just a few quick swipes I was in love with this mascara. I’ve been having a little more difficulty than normal removing it, but I’m okay with that when it’s such a great mascara. I’m planning a full review soon so stay tuned.
5. Last but not least is the I.C.O.N India Hair-Yurvedics Curl Cream. This may be a surprise seeing as my review of the India Hair-Yurvedics products was not the most positive (and is my most read ever post), but this is one from the back of the drawer I’ve pulled forward lately. My hair has needed help. It’s so fuzzy and I can’t figure out what it is (shampoo? conditioner? product?) so I’ve been changing a few things and have decided to stick with this curling cream for awhile. I’m enjoying it!
The days are getting longer and warmer, and I feel that my love of the sun is reflected in the products I’ve been loving this past month.
1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream– Seeing as I have a slight tan at the moment, I’ve been looking for something with much lighter coverage. Nothing worse than wearing the same foundation while tanned as your pasty face wore all winter. White face much? That’s why this BB Cream has been working wonders. BB creams, as most of you probably know, are tinted moisturizers rather than full coverage foundations. This Smashbox BB Cream is also broad spectrum SPF 35! Most foundations are only around 15 if they have any SPF at all. This is why I think this little guy will be a fav for the summer.
2. Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Pinched – I was really unsure of this one when I picked it up a few months ago. As much as I love Revlon products I always have an internal struggle when purchasing due to the fact that there are rarely testers in the local Shoppers. But I chanced this one and was pleasantly pleased. The light pink cream blush has a sweet dewey finish and is such a simple and subtle cheek colour. I always apply cream blushes with my finger tips, but you can also use a stippling brush or a round headed foundation brush.
3. Origins GinZing Eye Cream– I’m pretty sure I’ve discussed my love of this before. Such a refreshing feeling. It instantly brightens and de-puffs my eyes and now that the weather is getting so sunny and warm I’m really enjoying a brighter, fresher look to my face! This has become a staple of my pre-makeup routine. A little moisturizer and GinZing Eye Cream make for an important start to my day! Can’t wait to try more Origins products. Any suggestions?
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist– Once again I’m discussing my love of the Body Shop’s Vitamin E line. I’ve mentioned it a lot lately. I just love it so much. And this little baby is no exception. The Vitamin E Face Mist is perfect after my morning face wash. It instantly refreshes and moisturizes my face with a boost of vitamin E to prepare it for the day. With air conditioning pumping through every building I step into nowadays, my skin has been drying out pretty fast (just after I fixed the dry damage from the winter – can’t catch a break). So a spritz of this is required.
5. L’Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer– It’s taken me awhile to warm up to this one, and I’m still not entirely convinced. I don’t use concealer on a regular basis but lately when I do use it I find myself reaching for this one. I’ve head a lot of great things about it from other bloggers so I’ve stuck with it. The shade I have (Light 862) is a perfect match for me. I’m going to stick with it!
So there you have it. My top 5 of May. I’m so excited to be into the warm weather and summer months now, and I can’t wait to delve further into the world of makeup as my blog is coming upon it’s 1 year anniversary!! Thanks for reading my friends! And happy shopping.